There is no denying that Windows Phone OS crafted by Microsoft has not taken the mobile world by storm. When it comes to Window Phone 7 OS, to some extents, it is end up in failure. However, with Microsoft getting to unveil their brand-new Windows Phone 8 platform and meantime a multitude of top-tier Windows Phone 8 smartphones joining in Windows Phone 8 family, seemingly its adverse conditions will be changed.
As you probably know, the newest children added to Windows Phone family are Samsung ATIV S, Nokia Lumia 920, HTC Windows Phone 8X. If you have watched the official announcements and at this moment, you are eager to seek for something totally different from Android, iOS, all these three phones are worthy of your consideration. Get stuck in which one is the best choice for you? Perhaps below reference will help you out.
We should admit that the mobile camera is not the main tool for image shooting in our daily life. However, more and more folks tends to give up carrying bulky professional camera with them and choose to use smartphone mobiles to take pictures. Now let us talk about their stuffed cameras:
- The Samsung ATVI S is packed with an 8MP rear camera with certain features like auto-focus, flash, plus its front camera resolution is 1.9MP.
- The Nokia Lumia 920 comes with an 8.7 MP camera with the widely reputed Carl Zeiss Tessar lens and a secondary VGA camera.
- HTC Windows Phone 8X boasts a primary 8MP camera at the rear and a secondary 2.1 MP camera in the front to support video-calls.
Personally, the most important part of a mobile is the screen. A bigger and sharper screen will present the best visual experience and viewing angle when enjoying the multimedia. A high quality screen will deliver the most perfect touch sense. So, now let us talk about their packed screen.
- Samsung ATIV S has a 4.8-inch super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1280 X 720. The display is protected by Gorilla Glass.
- A 4.5-inch Huge PureMotion HD+ display sits on Lumia 920, with a screen resolution of 1280 X 768. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.
- The HTC Windows Phone 8X sports a 4.3-inch super LCD screen with the same resolution as the Samsung ATIV S and is also covered up by Gorilla Glass.
Winner: Among all three mobiles, Samsung ATIV S is the largest one; Lumia 920 is the brightness one; HTC 8X is the smallest one. No winner here. You can choose your preferred one based on personal needs.
It is a common sense that the CPU is the heart of each mobile and a high-end processor can provide a blazing-fast responsiveness alongside quick data speeds. At present, seemingly the high-profile Windows Phone 8 smartphones announced recently are packed with the nearly same performance processor. For example:
- Samsung ATIV S has a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor with 1GB RAM
- Nokia Lumia 920 boasts a 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor with 1GB RAM
- HTC 8X also sports a 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor with 1GB RAM
If you prefer to do video games and watch videos on your smartphone, a far long battery life is so vital.
- Samsung ATIV S contains a 2300 mAh battery.
- Nokia Lumia 920 covers a 2000 mAh battery.
- HTC 8X has a battery power of 1800 mAh.
In my mind, the Lumia 920 is the hero of all three Windows Phone 8 mobiles. The HTC 8X is also a quite good one especially considering its Beats Audio, however, it seems that the 8X completely imitate the design of Lumia 920, which is the part I really dislike. Apart from the fresh OS, no surprise with HTC 8X and Samsung ATIV S.