This mobile tablet is with so many eye-popping hardware features. The most stunning point is no doubt that it is the thinnest tablet out there, even thinner than the iPad Mini. When you feast your eyes on the official specs, you may wonder why the mobile giant didn’t announce the Xperia Tablet Z at CES, alongside the impressive and equally waterproof Xperia Z smartphone, which can be safely dunked into 3 feet of liquid.
On the outside, it measures a sexy 6.9mm-thin and weighs 495 grams.The fourth generation iPad is 9.4 mm thick while Google’s recently launched Nexus 10 is 8.9mm thick. According to most reports, Sony’s tablet appears to be the slimmest so far. It even beats the iPad mini which is 7.2 mm thick.
On the inside, Xperia Tablet Z comes with a Qualcomm 1.5Ghz quad-core Snapdragon chip, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage (more importantly you’ll also get microSD expansion), NFC and LTE support, an 8.1 megapixel Exmor R camera, and a 1920 x 1200 resolution display augmented by Sony’s Mobile Bravia Engine. The inclusion of the Mobile Bravia Engine is a crucial add-on, as Sony’s image-enhancing technology really does add vibrancy and color depth to screens of any size.
Sony Xperia Z runs Android 4.1, and ship with black or white for color options. There is currently no information on the price and availability for the Xperia Tablet Z, though we're all hoping that it launches around the same time as the Xperia Z handsets (Q1 2013). However, given its high-end specifications, the Xperia Tablet Z probably won't come cheap.
- 10.1-inch Full HD screen with 1,920 x 1,200-pixel resolution
- Qualcomm's 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro chip
- An 8.1-megapixel Exmor R camera
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) software
- Only 6.9 mm thick, making it one of the thinnest tablets ever.
- 2GB of RAM
- Shipping with 32GB internal storage space and coming with a microSD expansion slot.
- It supports both Near Field Communications (NFC) and will support LTE for 4G as well
- Like the recently launched Xperia Z smartphone, this tablet is said to be both waterproof and dustproof.
- Available in two colours - black and white.
Any ideals regarding Sony Xperia Tablet Z, share with me below without delay!
Sony Xperia Z vs HTC Droid DNA vs Samsung Galaxy S3: Specs Showdown
Sony Xperia Z Review: Sony Released Its Flagship Xperia Z on CES 2013